In life, nobody is an island and that is why one cannot work alone. One needs to lean on the shoulder of someone if one wants to move farther. That is why having friends can either be beneficial or deadly to an individual. Some friends make you while some mar you. For this latter reason, here are some twenty friends you should not move closer with, let alone take has chummy pals:
1. Those who never have time for you. Yes, that guy who has all the time in the world to party seven days a week, but is apparently ‘too caught up in something urgent’ every time you need him.
2. Those who never initiate making plans with you. If you’re the only one making plans and showing interest in hanging out, it’s time you stop. Chances are, they won’t even bother if you stop calling them.
3. Those who always take you for granted. Those who enter your life and exit as they please, hurt you and assume you’ll forgive them each time. No matter how much you love them, if they don’t value you, the friendship isn’t worth it.
4. Those who leave your side the moment you’re going through a low phase in life. It is during these times that we need our best friend to be there for us and tell us it’s all going to be okay. But if they’re so emotionally unavailable, they don’t deserve a place in your life.
5. Those who flock to you when you’re at your best. They aren’t around for you, only for your success. And the moment you hit a low point in life, they’ll be gone before you know. They’re never going to be there for you when it matters.
6. Those who make you feel like sh*t. Being truthful is a great quality in a friend, but there’s a thin line between being honest and being cynical. You don’t need unnecessary criticism about everything you do in your life.
7. Those who want to hang out with you only when they have nothing better to do. You’re as special as anyone else, you don’t deserve to be so low in their priority list.
8. Those who don’t trust you, even after so many years of your loyalty. There is only so much you can do to make someone trust you. If it hasn’t happened after all these years, it probably never will.
9. And, those you don’t trust. You would never be able to be yourself in front of them.
10. Those who neither forget nor forgive. We all do things we don’t mean, commit mistakes that hurt people around us. But if that friend isn’t ready to forgive, forget and move on, there’s no happy ending to this friendship, anyway.
11. Those who are just too competitive. A healthy amount is motivational; anything more than that results in spite and jealousy. If you have to think twice about telling a friend about your success in the fear of them getting competitive, it is time you step out of this toxic friendship.
12. Those who keep making promises, but never fulfil them. If they’re always disappointing you with false hopes, may be it’s time you shut them off.
13. Those who expect you to be all ears when they’re feeling low, but are never interested in listening to your problems. Sometimes, all we need is someone we can speak our heart out to and if not your friend, then, who?
14. Those who are so negative in life, their depression starts to rub off on you after a while. Be there for them, help them out, do whatever you can, but don’t let it depress you.
15. Those who always have their way, without even considering what you want. Seriously, it is time you stop being a pushover.
16. Those who feel good by pulling others down (Pull him Down – PhD) . They’re doing it to them right now, they might start doing it to you too.
17. Those who try to control you. Some people just want everybody around them to function the way they want them to. It is your life; not anybody’s. So, if you think your freedom is at stake, walk out.
18. Those who don’t understand your silence. The true mark of a friendship is when you don’t need words to communicate. But some people just don’t click on that level and there’s no point dwelling over such hollow friendships.
19. Those who are ashamed of you. These are the worst ones. Real friends are those who love you for whom you are, who accept even your slightest flaws. If someone is constantly trying to change you, they’re not worth being your friends .
20. Those who are not happy when you are more successful than them, but they are happy when they are more successful than you. This may be in education or business. These friends are deadly than poison. A true friendship is about rejoicing when your friend is successful and find solution when your friend is in trouble.