You might want to be frustrated due to some critics you’ve encountered in your field of occupation, but on thing you should know is that no matter what you do, criticism follows you. It is just a part of life. You should not worry about criticism because you simply cannot make everyone happy. It is important to accept criticism, learn from it or let it go.
When you are pursuing your dreams in life, you will be more familiar with Criticism. if you are not being criticized, you are not taking enough actions. No matter what you do, you will find people ready to criticize you. Elbert Hubbard said it right, “To avoid criticism, do nothing, say nothing, and be nothing.”
Most times people throw their own failure at you. They believe that if they cannot, you cannot. This is not true. Everyone has his/her own potential. Each of us is born with unique talent. If they did not succeed, it does not mean you will fail too. Never stop trying. Failure simply means you are in race, keep going.
Having phobia for criticism creates limitations for us at the first point in life. It stops us from pursuing our dreams in life. For example, we have some idea to start our own business. However, Fear of failure and criticism keeps us away from taking any action. Don’t be afraid of what people will say. Get on with life. The more you experiment with life, the more you get better at it.
WAYS YOU CAN MOVE ON WITH LIFE
1. See critic as a motivator. Do what they say that you cannot do. However, do only if you want to do. You are born to do all that you want. Don’t let somebody’s words stop you.
2. If you want to avoid criticism, go with the crowd. However, if you want to lead life in your way, take roads that are less travelled. Yes, you know that it is full of difficulties. Remember, out of difficulties comes an opportunity.
3. Before taking any step, we think what our family, relatives and friends will say. If you really want to do something, do it. People will always have something to say. Indeed, you will be criticized if you fail. Remember, you will find critics even if you succeed too.
4. We take suggestions and opinions of others while taking some big decisions in life. It is all right to take benefits of other’s experience, but do not accept their limitations as yours.
5. Try not to take Criticism in your Heart. Carmen Electra once said, “For some reason if we hear 100 praises and one criticism, we focus on that one hurtful thing.”
There is no need to take criticism personally. Most of the time people around you criticize because of their own regrets in life. Their words of criticism come out of anger for their own lack of strength. If someone speaks harsh to you, do not just react. Instead, Re-think and Act. Let your action speak more than your words.
7. Try consider Criticism as a part of Success because it is an integral part of breakthrough. Accept it. Take an example of any celebrity. The one who has the highest fans will have a huge number of critics as well. You can find people criticizing and saying either they don’t help or they help too much. But that celebrity is still on the top of the list . Therefore, never keep worrying about criticism. Keep going!